You may or may not know that FireupWP is based on the WPCloudDeploy plugin.
This plugin sees updates just about every month and we don’t always publish a corresponding update here for you.
We’re basically going to give you a compendium of all the new features between 4.7 and 4.10.x but we’ll link out to the gory detailed release notes at the end of this article.
- Add support for provider-based snapshots for certain providers including DigitalOcean and Linode. You can see which ones we’ve completed on the WPCD roadmap here: https://trello.com/c/h1PQXc3R/51-create-server-snapshots-and-backups-using-cloud-provider-tools
- Options to update plugins and themes on sites including under the bulk actions menu.
- Add option to schedule a daily site sync to a destination server.
- Allow downloads of additional server logs related to upgrades / unattended upgrades.
- Give user the option to run server updates almost immediately by scheduling a one-off cron process to run updates within 1 minute of the user’s request.
- Add option to install callbacks from the server list BULK ACTIONS drop-down.
- Add option to soft reboot servers from the server list BULK ACTIONS drop-down.
- Add option to remove the Malware Scanner Metas.
- Show the number of non-security updates in the health column on server list screen.
- Add bulk options to pending log list to change state.
- Copy a site to another site, overwriting it. Provides the basis for staging sites in the way most devs expect them to work.
- Nightly callbacks now push the number of themes and plugin updates pending for each site. This requires you to remove your existing callbacks and reinstall them.
- Add count of notes to server and app list.
Full Change Logs
You can find the full WPCloudDeploy change logs here: https://wpclouddeploy.com/category/release-notes/
Not all new and enhanced features make it into FireupWP – those that don’t make it in are generally not appropriate for an SaaS service.
It Takes Just $19.99 To Get Started Deploying Your Own WordPress Servers Today!
5 servers and 25 sites are included - plenty for you to run a small business! Try it today for 30 days with a no questions asked refund guarantee.